Saturday, August 6, 2011

A visit to the Steelwater Pub.

I had an idea to keep myself fluid, as an artist. It's something that suits my particular skills and workflow methods.

I invented a medieval fantasy pub named the Steelwater Pub. It's a place where people share their stories and company between wild adventures. The patrons are an interesting mix of lunacy and heroism and the staff are a stalwart band of people who are tied to the pub for whatever reason. I will draw the denizens of this pub when not working on other projects.

This pic is of an imp who got summoned to the bar to serve drinks by a previous owner who then died without freeing her. She is the only full time resident of the pub and her many years of customer service have mellowed her naturally sharp tongue. Nobody's certain what she looks like most times, but for the moment, this is her usual appearance.


Here's the original sketch. Mechanical Pencil on sketch paper. It took me about 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment